Finite element consultancy
Zentech provides engineering consultancy services for the application of the finite element method to a range of industrial problems. These include the use of our own Zencrack software for applications that may involve cracks or crack growth prediction.
Our consultancy services on a range of commercially important applications include:
- leak before break studies of welded connections
- forensic analysis to examine the effect of roll and mis-alignment of the roller bearing on fatigue crack growth development
- damage tolerance assessment in aircraft engine components
- modelling defects starting from sub-surface inclusions in a spherical roller thrust bearing assembly
- linear and non-linear analyses to determine allowable residual strength criteria for vehicles with in-service flaws
- creep and fatigue crack growth modelling in high temperature nuclear power plant components
- fatigue analysis of riser hang-off structure for an offshore field development
- analysis of drop-load on a subsea structure
- laying of pipelines and riser systems.
High pressure waterbox
Multiple cracks in a high pressure waterbox using submodelling.
Forensic failure analysis
Forensic investigation of multiple failures in bridge roller bearings.
Thermo mechanical fatigue
Modelling observed crack shapes in thermo mechanical test specimens.