Risers and pipelines
Expertise in pipelines, risers / umbilicals and moorings has been gained through installation and operational engineering projects carried out in the North Sea, Gulf of Mexico, West Africa and Brazil.
Our comprehensive service included the design of structures (including topsides and heli-decks), and the analysis of pipe stress, flexible risers, steel pipelines, flowlines, pipeline routing, laying and prevention of upheaval buckling. We have designed and analysed process control systems and pipelines for the petro-chemical, oil and gas, nuclear, water and process industries.
Project work includes:
- flexible riser system analysis and design to operational, survival or installation conditions
- flexible flowline analysis and design
- flexible jumper, spoolpiece, hawser and umbilical analysis and design
- deep water applications
- service life assessment
- assessment of installation procedures and interference between flexibles / subsea components
- “float and sink” installation of HDPE outfall pipes.
Consultancy work in this area is supported by our proprietary programs Zenriser and Pipeline.